1. Welcome to Game Makers Forums

Whether you are a new, amateur or professional developer, you will find your place here.

Register to Download Sample Code or Advertise your Project.

Register also gives you the ability to be helped or help others:

Dismiss Notice

Revenue Many Users or Loyal Users for Income?

Discussion in 'Revenue and Promotion' started by 1imPunter, May 28, 2016.

1. 1imPunter

1imPunter Antique Coder

Freelance Programmer
    Do you believe more users(say 10,000) or more loyal users(100) are needed to make income? I believe it is a combination of both. The loyal users will always need other users to show that the game is not dying.

2. a_bertrand

a_bertrand Administrator

I believe you need more users overall, loyal users will appear if your game is alive and attract new people, as well as if it continues to be developed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dominion

Dominion Member

Both. A loyal core of users keeps the game active in the low times and makes it become much easier to attract new players (nobody wants to play a dead game). It tends to develop. as A_b said as the game grows anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Callum Charlton

Callum Charlton New Member

It really depends on how income is generated through your game. If it is via 'upgrade' packs for example, such as Marapets.com use, then a core base of loyal users is going to be significantly more profitable than 10,000 users who sign in twice and never again... however if your site is a pay-to-use site then obviously it would be better to have 10,000 members pay a registration fee at the off. The group of loyal users who play daily and paid for an upgrade once a month is very likely to grow over time and therefore revenue increases this way. That is of course on the assumption that the site is maintained and updated appropriately.

In all, I would say it depends on the market you're aiming for and what type of user you are trying to attract. 646,000 total users with only 6 online doesn't seem very promising to me, however if you've charged every one of those users £0.99 to sign up - then you're also laughing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1